Some of the best business ideas come out of personal experience or crisis.
Kate watched several family members go through some rough medical times in their later years.
From that experience came a burning desire to start a business that served people 60 years old and older.
FYI, Kate had gone to nursing school – but she hated it. So she had no interest in working on the medical side.
In fact, Kate was really specific with her coach about what she did – and didn’t want – in a business.
It had to:
- be a business she can run alone
- not involve direct medical care
- potentially involve teaching and helping
- not be too expensive to start and generate income within a short time
- involve some time working alone and some time with others
- involve no driving
- ideally, include research and problem-solving
- not require more education
- not involve the insurance industry
- potentially use her gift for writing
- not involve running errands for people
30 Money-Making Ideas for Working with Seniors
There are SO many ways to serve the booming senior market. Here are just a few that meet Kate’s criteria:
- Internet research specialist
- Product/service reviewer (nursing homes, senior discounts, etc.)
- Family relationships/connections
- Senior webzine
- Memoir author
- How-to guides for seniors (ebook author)
- Senior stories videographer/photographer
- Matchmaking services
- Helping family find housing options for seniors
- Website for 60+ regarding health issues
- Online dating coach or profile writer
- Career coaching
- Employment agency for seniors
- Handywoman services
- Social event organizer
- Fitness consulting
- Personal organizer / mover
- Tour guide / trip planner
- Computer consultant
- Antique appraisal
- Meal planning & delivery
- Dog walking or sitting (check out Rover.com)
- Delivery service
- Household manager
- Spiritual advisor
- Home Stager
- Online store owner
- Patient advocate
- Vacation or travel companion
And if Kate tapped Barbara Winter’s brilliant concept of having multiple income streams, several smaller enterprises could add up to a nice livelihood.
The point is, there are SO many ways to turn your interests into income
All it takes is a little creative thinking!
Need help coming up with your own money making idea?
Isn’t It Time to Profit From Your Passion?
Still don’t know what you want to be “when you grow up?”
Know what you love to do but have no idea how to make money doing it?
Have so many ideas you don’t know where to begin?
The answers are closer than you think! And once you have a direction, doors will open you never knew existed.
Click here to learn how to schedule a personal Work at What You Love career coaching session with me or one of my licensed Profiting From Your Passions ® career coaches today.