Find a Coach
Changing Course has trained more than 300 people in the Life First Work Second Approach. Some are using that training as entrepreneurial career coaches and others are using their training in everything from relationship coaching to life after retirement. These coaches can help you to figure out how to create the life that you want.
Become a Coach
Profiting From your Passions®
Career Coach Program
Do you want to get paid to brainstorm? The Profiting from Your Passions (PFYP) Coach training works with individuals who are interested in using their talent for brainstorming to help others find their purpose.
Based on the Life First, Work Second approach to career planning, this year-long training program is for you if:
- People are always asking you for advice especially about creating their best life
- You enjoy coaching and advising people
- You enjoy brainstorming and idea generation
- You want to help others to live life on purpose, work at what they love, or follow their own road.
The program will allow you to:
- Master a proven business idea generation and coaching system to help discover unique ways to turn interests into income
- Quickly gain confidence in your ability to successfully work with paying clients or workshop attendees
- Launch yourself into the perfect portable business so you can work where and when you like
- Finally get paid to do what comes naturally!
New Classes will be starting soon.
Work at What You Love
The Great Reset
This program focuses on the Life First Work Second approach to career planning by:
- Helping you to figure out what do you want your life to look like—where do you want to live, how do you want to start your day, what activities do you want to be part of your work day, and how will you spend your non-work hours.
- Helping you to identify the things you love to do
- Brainstorming ways for you to make money doing the things that you love
- Figuring out how to finance your dream
- Exploring multiple streams of income
- Identifying how to get unstuck and where to go for support
This workshop is offered several times per year. Please sign up to be added to our priority notification list.
10 Steps to Escaping
the Job World
and Creating the Life
You Really Want
Built on the 10 Steps to Escaping the Job World and Creating the Life You Really Want Planner, this 10-session program will take participants through a step-by-step approach to moving from employee to entrepreneur.
You don’t need a lot of money or tons of free time or an abundance of courage to achieve “right livelihood.” What you need is a plan. We will help you to customize a plan for you in ten identifiable steps:
- Get “The Point”– If you miss this step, your plan is doomed. Yes, it’s that important!
- Get the Right Picture– This step is a snap once you know how to put my signature “Life First-Work Second” approach to career planning to work for you.
- Get Clued Into Your Interests– Don’t have a clue about what you love to do? Not after you finish this step!
- Get Unstuck– What you learn in this step will forever free you from the needless fear and self-doubt that stands between you and your dream.
- Get Informed– The more you know about multiple income streams, nailing down the specific information YOU need to move on your dream, and the surprisingly good news about taxes – the faster you can change course!
- Get Real about Changing Course– Once you understand the myths and realities of being self-employed you’ll have the insight and the tools you need to make the kind of practical and highly personalized financial decisions fundamental to transitioning into your dream life.
- Get Ready to Take the Leap– You’ll be amazed at how many small things you can start doing while you’re still at your job-job to better position yourself for a more satisfying future.
- Get Support– You may get by with a little help from your friends… but when it comes to changing course, you’ll positively soar once you know where to look – and where NOT to look – for support for your dream.
- Get Going– This step is not just a pep-talk. Your Personal Planner includes 14 specific things you need to do to launch your plan, eliminate distractions, stay motivated and on course.
- Get Gratitude– John Lennon once said, “Life is what happens when you’re making other plans.” Discover the essential role that gratitude and other living-in-the-now thinking plays in creating that richer, more satisfying future.
Making Dreams Happen
Making Dreams Happen is an incredibly popular Changing Course program created as a collaboration among Valerie Young, Barbara Winter, and Barbara Sher. Due to its popularity, Changing Course continues to sell the audio program along with the accompanying workbooks. Changing Course will be developing a Making Dreams Happen Reboot Edition.
If you’re looking for a more satisfying livelihood where you call your own shots, then Making Dreams Happen is for you. Maybe you know what you want to do, but you just can’t quite get started or maybe you really haven’t figured out what it is you want to be when you grow up. Either way, this program will put you on track to living your dream.
- Learn how to set all your dream-dashing talk aside and focus on creative new possibilities for a life where you’re in charge. You will come away with a sure-fire way to banish the “I wish I could, but…” and replace it with surprisingly productive ideas you probably didn’t know you had in you.
- Find out why there has never been a better time to be your own boss, and how to turn your passions into profits.
- Discover the secret to creating multiple income channels and learning ways you can get started quickly with little or no money.
- Find out how to battle the “Resistance Monster” and turn your fears and worries into positive action. Don’t worry, this is not about motivational pep-talks, but rather meaty, enlightening stuff that will teach you to unravel resistance and reveal how it might just be a sign of high self-esteem.
- Find out what it really means to wing it and learn how to apply this powerful secret to your own life and work
Find out how to tap into the resources all around you (you won’t believe where some of them hide) and create networks that can help you turn your dreams into reality.